My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cdillon.net
and update your bookmarks.

A Reflection on Orlando

Posted on 6:02 PM, under , ,

I'm writing this, of all places, from ~38,000 miles above Phoenix, AZ. If i wanted to spend $8, I could send it out instantly from here as well. We are currently 55 minutes out of LAX, approaching at a ground speed of 416 mph.

While the where is interesting and provides a good frame (and imagery), more important is that I hope this becomes a springboard to being more consistent about my reflections. When I have a device upon which I can pretty quickly type anything I want to have easy access to later, it really does seem like I have no excuse. As a sidenote there, please check out Evernote. It has done wonders for my productivity by enabling this with ease and utility.

Coming out of our midpoint meeting in Orlando, I have two main observations to make about myself and our cadre. First, I have the utmost confidence in our ability to connect with each other, and see great promise in the realization of this open and trustworthy community of like-minded future change agents. Second, as a direct result of this community, I have found within myself a sense of focus and confidence the likes of which I have never before experienced. While I hope I managed to communicate how much I love and respect you all while we still had the benefit of co-location, I think the second deserves some time in this space.

Seriously, I feel like I should go home and apply to work at Google or get started on researching schools like MIT and UCF to apply to in the near future. More importantly, I feel like I could do so and not waver in my resolve that I would be a very competitive candidate, even in the face of a few initial rejections. Part of this is undeniably due to very positive interactions with our shining examples of educators and leaders, and I could probably find some way in which every one of you has influenced the way I think in the past five days.

I'm half-tempted to start naming people individually, but I worry that it might come to naming everyone in our group, but being a slow typist, we're already descending over California. I expect you know who you are individually, and suggest that you interpret the slightest inkling of possibility that I'm referring to you as cause for complete certainty that I must be.


edit post

1 Reply to "A Reflection on Orlando"

  • mistermortensen on February 9, 2010 at 1:43 PM

    love this.

     
  • Post a Comment