My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cdillon.net
and update your bookmarks.

If we build a giant wooden badger...

Posted on 4:53 PM, under

As you may be able to glean from my title, I'm down but not out. Setbacks happen, and this has been a big one, but I'm recovering from it and will be better in the long run.

I've transitioned even more of my activities to my various mobile devices. My phone is more capable of handling incidental communications activities, and my first gen iPod Touch is a force to be reckoned with. I've now attended one class and one meeting via Skype, recorded a podcast, and am currently typing my latest blog from it. Considering how much I use this thing, the much maligned iPad might be right up my alley once they improve it a bit or drop the price into my range.

I've been thinking quite a bit about our classes this semester, and how they relate to my future endeavors. I'm increasingly certain that I'd like to spend some time in the corporate world, perhaps in the R & D side of a prominent tech company. Would also consider the game design side of things, as my research and longstanding hobbies dovetail nicely with gaming.

My research is starting up again and getting back on track, my coursework is nearly up to speed, and I'm feeling more confident about my ability to succeed here than I can remember. Really loving this semester's books, though I think the fact that I switched about 50% to ebooks might contribute to that.

While I included this in the aforementioned podcast, I won't be able to post that for a bit longer, so I wanted to finally thank everyone for your outpouring of support and concern. There's no way I could've hoisted myself up out of the doldrums as quickly as I've been able to knowing that you all have my back.

So now Lancelot, Gallahad and I leap out of the rabbit...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch



edit post

0 Reply to "If we build a giant wooden badger..."

  • Post a Comment