My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cdillon.net
and update your bookmarks.

Having finally found the right mindset in which to coerce information out of myself and into written form, I managed to throw it off quite a bit by forgetting to balance my caffeine intake against my food consumption... an amateurish drug-user's mistake, and one I will avoid repeating in the near future. I'll try to write through the buzz anyway.

I've been up and down in my feelings about our program over the last week. My initial reaction to the e-mail prodding many of us (myself included) received regarding forum posts was one of disbelief... How could a program so well grounded in the value of order emerging from chaos stoop to such a top-down strategy? What happened to quality over quantity?

I'm sure this knee-jerk reaction was closely related to a deficiency of time devoted to things outside of class, work, and household chores. Rectifying this lack, as well as some reflection aided by insightful forum posts related to the subject, has abated my frustration with being nudged out of my inaction. I now feel like that the e-mail wasn't a top-down command, but more an appeal for help with the limits of our communication medium.

Apologies are due in retrospect if my voluminous messages aren't quite appropriate or are less constructive for our discussions. Though I've participated on a number of forums, I usually find myself fulfilling more of a curation and clarification role rather than one of content-creator (Wow, accidental alliteration abounds...). I have been trying to allow myself to make more brief comments.

All things said, the "reminder" has had what I assume are the intended effects. I have enjoyed being more engaged and active in this particular medium, and look forward to continuing and improving my practice with it.


edit post

1 Reply to "Mind Abuzz with Caffeine and Words"

  • mistermortensen on August 26, 2009 at 10:59 AM

    forget that. keep your posts quality. they're useful. really apologies? come on now.

     
  • Post a Comment